We are heading into fall soon! Fall is a season of slowing down, taking stock, and enjoying the fruits of our labor. As the weather cools and the leaves begin to change color, it’s a perfect time to reflect on all that we’ve accomplished and set our sights on what’s to come.
These journal prompts will help you to reflect on what you’ve accomplished and learned throughout the summer and shift your mindset into the fall season.
30 Journal Prompts To Help You Move From Summer To Fall
1. What Are The Things You Were Grateful For This Summer?
Gratitude will always show up in journal prompts because it’s important to reflect on the good in our lives, even when things feel tough.
What made you smile this summer?
What achievements are you proud of?
2. What Habits Did You Form This Summer?
Take a few minutes to reflect on any new habits you picked up this summer.
Did you start running in the mornings? Reading before bed? Make time for a regular yoga practice? Keep a gratitude journal? Whatever habits you formed this summer, take a moment to reflect on why you started them and how they’ve made you feel.
3. What Projects Did You Complete This Summer?
Did you finally finish that painting you’d been working on for months? Write a novel? Start a blog?
Whatever projects you completed this summer, big or small, spend a few minutes celebrating your success.
4. What New Skills Did You Learn This Summer?
Did you learn to cook a new dish? Pick up a new hobby? Master a difficult yoga pose?
New skills help us to feel accomplished and give us a sense of pride. Spend a few minutes reflecting on the new skills you learned this summer and how they’ve made you feel.
5. What Did You Let Go Of This Summer?
We all have to let go of things from time to time, whether it’s a bad habit, a toxic relationship, or a negative mindset. What did you let go of this summer? How does it feel to be free from that thing or person?
6. What Do You Wish You Had Let Go Of This Summer?
There’s always something we wish we could let go of but haven’t quite been able to. What is it for you?
Spend some time reflecting on why it’s been so difficult to let go, and what you can do to make it happen.
7. What Did You Do For Fun This Summer?
Summer is a great time to relax and have some fun. What did you do for fun this summer? How did it make you feel?
8. What New Places Did You Explore This Summer?
Did you travel to a new city or country? Visit a new park or beach? Explore a new neighborhood? How did these new places make you feel?
Even reflecting on how you got out in nature or explored your own city or town can help you feel like you’ve explored some new places this year.
9. What Old Places Did You Visit This Summer?
Did you revisit a place from your childhood? A place you used to live?
How did it feel to be back in that place? How did it impact you?
10. What Changes Did You See In The World Around You This Summer?
Did you notice people behaving better or worse?
Did you feel like things in the world got better or worse?
How did these changes make you feel?
11. What Changes Did You See In Yourself This Summer?
Did you notice any physical changes in yourself this year? Did you notice any changes in your mood or attitude?
What brought these changes on? And how did these changes make you feel?
12. What Experiences Did You Have This Summer That Unexpectedly Challenged You?
Did you face any difficult situations this summer? How did you handle them? What did you learn from them?
13. What Experiences Did You Have This Summer That Made You Grow?
Did you have any experiences this summer that pushed you outside of your comfort zone? How did you handle them? What did you learn from them?
14. What Did You Do To Relax This Summer?
Did you take any vacations? Spend time in nature? Disconnect from technology?
Did you take some time for self-care?
How did these activities make you feel?
15. What Did You Do To Challenge Yourself This Summer?
Did you try any new activities? Take on a new project? push yourself to your limits? How did you feel during and after these challenges?
16. What Did You Do To Connect With Others This Summer?
Did you spend time with family and friends? Make new friends? Volunteer for a cause you care about? How did these activities make you feel?
17. What Did You Do To Connect With Yourself This Summer?
Did you spend time alone? Journal? Meditate? How did these activities make you feel?
18. What Are You Most Proud Of From This Summer?
What are you most proud of that you accomplished or experienced this summer? Why is it important to you?
19. What Goals Did You Accomplish This Summer?
What goals did you set for yourself at the beginning of summer, and how well did you achieve them? What did you learn from the process?
20. What Are You Most Excited About For The Fall?
What are you looking forward to in the fall? What new experiences or adventures do you want to have?
21. What Goals Do You Want To Accomplish This Fall?
What goals do you want to set for yourself this fall? What steps do you need to take to achieve them?
22. What Did You Learn In Summer That You Will Carry Forward Into Fall?
What lessons did you learn this summer that you can apply to the fall season? How will these lessons help you in your goals and experiences this fall?
23. What Are You Going To Do Differently This Fall Than You Did Last Fall?
How do you want to approach this fall differently than last fall? What did you learn last fall that you can apply to this fall?
24. What Habits Did You Form This Summer That You Want To Continue Into Fall?
What positive habits did you form this summer that you want to continue into the fall? How will these habits help you in your goals and experiences this fall?
25. What Bad Habits Did You Form This Summer That You Want To Break This Fall?
What negative habits did you form this summer that you want to break this fall? How will breaking these habits help you in your goals and experiences this fall?
26. What Are You Most Looking Forward To This Fall?
What are you most looking forward to about the fall season? What experiences or activities are you most excited about?
27. What Are You Most Nervous About This Fall?
What are your concerns about the fall season? What experiences or activities are you most anxious about?
28. How Can You Alleviate Any Concerns For This Fall?
What steps can you take to reduce your anxiety or stress about the fall season? What do you need to do to feel more prepared or excited about this season?
29. What Do You Want To Manifest This Fall?
What positive experiences or outcomes do you want to attract this fall? What can you do to help manifest these things into your life?
30. What Does Fall Mean To You?
What does the fall season represent to you? What memories or emotions do you associate with this time of year? How can you make the most of it this year?